So I feel as if I have made some progress. I have finished painting the eaves! I divided them into four sections, and each section required scraping, then treating with mildew remover and then rinsing with a garden hose, and then a primer coat and then the finish coat. This has been a lot of work on tall and short extension ladders. I have also, as you can see, painted a fair amount of the siding as well. It is nice that all the really high parts are done. I am not afraid of being on the ladder when I am 25 feet up off the ground, at the peak, but I am shall we say "less comfortable" than I used to be up that high. And you can see my bright orange safety rope hanging from the attic window, which I clipped myself into each time I climbed up one of the ladders. So I have worked safely. And the really hard parts are pretty much done, I just need to finish painting the siding. It will be beautiful to see it all finished in bright new white paint! Oh! Please click on this image because it is a larger size and you can see more detail.
I thought I would include a "before" photograph so you can get a better sense of how bad it looked and how dramatically improved the new paint makes it look! I have a deep sense of satisfaction with having done this work, seeing the newly painted parts of this side of the house.


You take the time to do it right and it looks so good. Joan
ReplyDeleteWhat a big difference in the eaves and the siding. I’m glad you take the time to do it properly and safely. It looks great!
ReplyDeleteThe end of a job well done is in sight. Soon you will be able to enjoy a mug of hot coffee on your front porch and relax with great satisfaction.
ReplyDeleteThank you all! I look forward to a mug of hot coffee on the front porch! 3 or 4 days of good painting weather should do it...
ReplyDelete