OK, today you get to pick your favorite. I thought I knew what I wanted but now I am not so sure. I found this lying at the bottom of the driveway and I looked at the neighbor's yards and there was nothing like this at all. Later on in the day, I saw what this came from. I drove up the hill, turned left, curved to the right, and there on the left was a beautiful collection of green foliage, with one of these on the top of each stalk! This is the feathery seed plume of an ornamental grass, called Japanese Silver Grass. So I walked around the yard holding this in one hand and my camera in another with the close up lens on it, and looking for a background to hold it in front of. I did about 4 different backgrounds and chose this one because this was back lit. Stunning, isn't it?
As I was preparing this in photoshop, at some point it was enlarged larger than the frame and I caught a glimpse of this close up version. I thought that the close version showed so much more detail in the plant than the full length view. But now I am liking that I can see the entire shape of the seed pod in the first photograph. So I am choosing that one, but you can tell me what your favorite is! Thanks!


My vote is for the second photo illustrating greater detail and more pleasing composition.
ReplyDeleteHard to decide, but I am going with the second photo because of the close up detail. Joan
ReplyDeleteTough choice but I’m going with the first one because of the shape and that it is one stem branching out.
ReplyDeletei’m with betsey for the form and rhythm of #1.
ReplyDeleteginger
Wow! It's a tie! I wonder if someone else will vote? Besides me, of course. Thank you all for your choices...
ReplyDeleteI guess I will break the tie. Although I’m usually drawn to close ups in nature…I actually am also going with the more complete feel of #1
ReplyDelete