Thursday, May 2, 2019

Hollywood Comes to Sea Cliff!


There has been a movie crew around town for the last several weeks.  There are all kinds of trailers where "the talent" gets dressed and has makeup put on, parked down at Tappan Beach.  There are signs that say "This way to Set."  When I got back to town from my astronomy meeting late last night, there were a number of the crew huddled under a pop-up tent in the center of town, in the rain.  Man, these people put in long hours! So here are these LGBTQ flags hanging over the main drag, and the truck is carrying lighting equipment.


So I walked up to town to see if I could find a photograph or two for the blog.  I stopped to talk to some of the crew and ask questions.  On Sea Cliff avenue, I saw this garbage can "Help Keep Provincetown Clean," so that was a clue!  The crew told me about the production.  It is a new series for TV about the opioid crisis, and it is based in Provincetown, MA.  One of the people I talked to said he had been to Provincetown recently, and that Sea Cliff didn't look a thing like it!  I would agree with that, and it has been years since we were in Provincetown.


This is a collection of "dollies" which are used with movie cameras for "tracking shots."


Here are two electricians I spoke with, and they are having coffee in their truck.


And here is a quick grab shot I did that I think has the director in it, and some of the other people leading the film.  They are watching computer screens which show the video from the camera as it films a scene.  It's kind of cool - the camera was perhaps 100 feet down a nearby street, and cables ran from the camera to where these people were, under a black pop-up tent.  Hollywood magic in Sea Cliff!

No comments: