Saturday, August 1, 2026

Lucia and I


It was time for a haircut today, so I called Lucia to see if she had a spot this afternoon, and fortunately she did.  Kathy and I have been coming to Lucia for haircuts I am thinking, for about 30 years plus. Kathy asked a friend who suggested Lucia and originally she had her salon in the basement of her house. I think neighbors complained about the cars parking there, so she rented a salon and we have been coming here ever since.  I love coming here for the life that goes on here. There are several hairdressers that have been with her for years, and Janet who does the shampooing,  who we have known for as as long as Lucia has been in this location.  She has a lot of Italian customers and the shop is usually full and there is so much conversation back and forth in Italian and Spanish and the shop always feels so alive with conversation.  There is always the offer of an espresso when I arrive.  So at the end of my haircut I asked if I could do a portrait of the both of us and she said "yes."  So here we are, friends after so many years.

 

No comments: