Monday, September 14, 2026

Another Evening at the Beach


Another walk at the beach around sunset.  We never know what we will see, which is fun.  I knew that the Moon would be in a crescent phase but had not been paying close attention.  So it was a surprise to see a 4 day old crescent Moon, and of course, to the right, the planet Venus.  But of course all of you already know about Venus being there.  I took several different views, and the key was some kind of foreground.  Just seeing the Moon and Venus in the sky was not enough.  But the branches of a tree completed the picture for me.



 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Joan

Tom Fasano said...

I actually saw the crescent moon through some trees. Missed that shot entirely. But you captured it perfectly.

Betsey said...

Saw the crescent moon last night. It seemed so bright. The orange color above the trees remind me of the colors in Maxfield Parrish paintings. Beautiful

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! The blue and orange colors of the sky are spectacular, as is the moon and I think it is always amazing to see another planet in the sky. Great photo. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks to all of you for the nice comments!