Sunday, September 6, 2026

"I'v Got One!"


We have seen so many people fishing down at Tappan Beach.  Sometimes standing on this little outcropping and sometimes on the water's edge, or sitting in chairs near the water, and sometimes wading knee deep in the water. We have NEVER seen anyone catch a fish, however!  Today we did!  We were resting after our walk and then suddenly saw this fisherman's rod bend way down!  So we stood there for 5 or ten minutes while he carefully reeled the fish in and on to the edge of the beach.  We didn't recognize the fish.  I think maybe it was 14 inches long or more.  But it had triangular fins on the side of it's body which seemed strange.  Anyhow once he beached it, he got a tool out and either unhooked the hook or cut it and removed it, and then let the fish swim away!  I love the sense of action in this photograph.  Finally I have someone DOING something in a photograph!  And this is so much better with his friend in front of him because the second person adds a lot more interest.

 

No comments: