Tuesday, September 8, 2026

The Hosts


These are my friends, Pat and Lawrence.  I worked with Pat at the newspaper and Pat was so good at gathering a group of work colleagues together every once in a while, so we could all keep in touch.  I always treasured those gatherings.  At the last minute the other day she sent a notice of a small gathering tonight because one of our colleagues who had moved away was visiting, and I signed up in a second.  It was such a nice time and for me there were people I have not seen for 18 years, and all the conversations and reminiscences were wonderful and so enjoyable.  Before I arrived, I thought of doing a portrait of the two of them on their wonderful front porch, and it was the first thing I asked when I walked in the front door.  And here it is.  They are both such wonderful people!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their home and their smiles look so warm and inviting. It is wonderful that you could get together with old colleagues .

Anonymous said...

wonderful people, wonderful photograph.

miss you all / ginger

Betsey said...

Pat has a great smile. I like the casual photo on their lovely front porch. It’s wonderful to get together with former colleagues and friends.