Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Don't Do Sports


Actually I do "do" sports - I am an active cyclist and I try and ride every day. What I mean is that I don't SHOOT sports. I mean, I have, but as a rule I do everything else but sports. But this was a story on a woman triathelete, and about getting in shape for spring. So I photographed her doing stretches, and did a nice portrait of her standing in water at the end of the pool, and then I did this. She first did the crawl, and only came up for air twice while swimming the entire length of the pool. "Well, this isn't going to work," I thought. Then she switched to "The Fly" - I love that - it's really the "butterfly" stroke. Two passes down the pool, coming right at me, and I am thrilled that I got this! Maybe I CAN do sports! And I had a lot of fun talking about cycling with her - because cycling is one of the parts of the "tri" in triathalon.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, very cool. It reminds me of the sculptures your friend used to do of women in swim caps coming out of the pool. Well done.

Anonymous said...

yes very cool, you CAN do sports. Can we see another picture or two from this shoot ?