Sunday, April 13, 2008

Uneasy


I shot this down at the beach the other day after photographing the bricks. The thing is, I am not as at ease with this photo as I am with all my others. It feels as if this is some kind of shot for a photo contest or something. It doesn't feel like my usual landscape photos, where I feel something about the light or the subject or the mood of a scene. This seems more like an exercise in composition. But I tell myself that the purpose of the blog is to explore other ways of seeing with my camera, so I am posting this, even though I am a bit uneasy with the image.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear your reservations but I like it - although a simple picture of a park bench the focus on the circles is very creative.

Amy said...

Haa haa, a photo contest. That's funny. But I agree, it's a soothing photo in some way. All the curves of the bench, on the seat, the back, the middle. It makes me want to sit on it, that's for sure! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the circular shape. The picture makes me want to sit on the bench to take a look around.

Anonymous said...

wish i had had a similar reaction. instead of inviting circles or curves, i see bulls-eyes. perhaps i am too preoccupied with the war. (but i did laugh at your comment about a photo contest -- something else you can do now that you are retired!)