Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Tried to Take...


I went back to the museum again today. I can't mention the name, because you are NOT allowed to take photographs here! But there was this one portrait that for some reason really grabbed me. I must have come back to it four times, for some reason. It was a self portrait of the artist, done in 1929. I went down to the book store to see if they had a postcard of it, but they didn't. So I realized the only way I could have a copy of it was to sneak one, when no one was looking, and there were guards all over the place. So I hid my toy camera under a museum map, and when no one was looking, I lifted my arm with camera and map and aimed in the general direction of the painting, and this is what I got! Guess I will never make a good spy! For some reason I kind of like this quirky accidental image and decided to post it for your amusement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember being with you at a NY Museum and you took a secret photo! Bad Kenny.

Anonymous said...

With her intense stare and photo askew, it looks like she's admonishing you, Ken, because you took her picture! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes I like that last comment. Your story reminds me of another good movie for you to rent "The Thomas Crown Affair".

Amy said...

I love this photo! Much better than if it had been taken straight on. I hope you muted your camera's sound, that's the key to sneaking shots, which by the way, i silly if you're not using flash anyway. Great posting!