Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Red Tree


I drove by this scene while taking junk to the recycling center. Then I remembered that I had removed my camera from the trunk! Yikes! So I did the right thing - I drove home, grabbed the camera, threw it in a backpack, and rode my bike back to this side of town to take this photo. No wasting gas by this guy! I don't think I remember seeing a tree quite this red before! I mean, when I saw it, I snapped my head to the right to look at it as I drove by. The color in this image looks terrible, so please click on it to see more brilliant color.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's striking to me is this tree in relation to the trees to the left. They're majestic in height, but their colors aren't nearly as brilliant as the smaller tree. Yet they stand by, proudly, in the background. It's that way for people, too. As we get older, we stand by and watch with pride as our young ones get older and shine, taking their own place in the sun.