Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Sunny Morning with Snow


It is stunning how different it was this morning, with blue sky and sunshine, compared to yesterday at dusk. It feels as if the world has been born anew! I know you have seen this Japanese maple before, but I never get tired of looking at how beautiful it is! I did this wide view, and then I did a closer view, and I think this one wins. I was out here, of course, to shovel the driveway - we ended up with about a foot of snow - and fortunately it stayed on the tops of the branches. It is this "frosting" which makes the photograph as beautiful as it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I never tire of your ever changing photos of just one tree through the seasons. I am happy to say we did not get a foot of snow as predicted.
Joan