Friday, November 12, 2010

The Moon at Sunset


I finished my bike ride today at a perfect time - the sun had set and the sky was brilliant and blue, with pastel shades of orange, pink, and pale yellow on the horizon. I started looking at the reflection of the sky in the waves and tried a bunch of views of that, and then I looked and saw the moon. So I fooled around with several views and ended up with this one. It was a magical time of day, and so after taking the photograph, I just sat on the bench soaking it all in. I thought to myself that I should probably time my ride on clear days, to end up on the bench at the same time of day, again. Of course it was also relatively warm. When it gets cold, I will NOT want to be sitting there on the bench.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very soothing. I would have liked to sitting on the bench with you.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture - so calm and serene. bsk

Chuck said...

Beautiful photo, Ken. Makes me want to visit New York again. We can't see sights like that around here for the trees.