Sunday, August 11, 2019

"Placed Between the Earth and Sky"

This was the first thing I saw driving into Old Westbury Gardens for our observing session last week.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  A metal sculpture hanging between trees in the allee.  These sculptures are just astoungind, and I asked our host what these were, and she said the information was on the Old Westbury Gardens website:

"For over half a century the life-sized public sculptures by Polish artist Jerzy “Jotka” Kędziora have expressed his firm conviction that “art must get out of museums and reach the people.” Old Westbury Gardens, in association with the Art & Balance Foundation of Poland, is pleased to present the gardens-wide exhibition, Balance in Nature, Sculptures by Jerzy Jotka Kędziora. This exhibit features works from a dozen or so years, including Kędziora’s world-acclaimed series of gravity-defying sculptures."

“Placed between the earth and sky, the sculptures direct the viewer’s sight and imagination to the higher strata of the surrounding spaces and dreams.” —Jerzy Jotka Kędziora.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The second that I saw your first incredible photo, I let out an "Oh, WOW!!!"...followed by more exclamations over the next two! What terrific photos and really sensational sculptures! Thanks for posting these, since we probably won't get to Westbury Gardens to see them in person. We can enjoy them through your eyes! Babs

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Sculptures and photos. Makes me want to take a road trip. Thanks for sharing.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

These are just two of the sculptures that are on display all around in the gardens. I think I need to go over there and see all of the sculptures. I will report back to both of you!

Anonymous said...

These are spectacular! And yes, you have to go back to capture more high-flying sculptures. betsey