Friday, October 2, 2020

A Pile of Fire Hydrants


I have never seen a pile of fire hydrants before!  But aren't these beautiful, all shiny and new?  I don't remember seeing brand new fire hydrant before.  There are several pallets of these down at the bottom of Laurel Avenue, along with several hundred feet of new black steel water pipe.  They are replacing a lot of aging water pipe in Sea Cliff, and some the fire hydrants as well.  If you are curious, the fire hydrants were manufactured in Albertville, Alabama.  These are so pretty!

 

4 comments:

Ron said...

Those look like Mueller fire hydrants. I have several of these in my fire district. Good hydrants.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and made in the USA. Have your fire hydrants always been red and yellow? They really stand out. Ours are plain yellow. I remember years ago groups painting the hydrants to look like people or animals. I believe Mom helped paint one with Milford Womens Club or Art League or some group.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Ron! You are the Man! They are indeed Mueller! Wow! Glad we are buying the good ones!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a pile of fire hydrants or new ones! The town is smart to replace aging pipes now. betsey