Friday, January 1, 2021

What a Difference a Day Makes!

Yesterday afternoon I took my walk along the shore and I was a bit late in getting started.  The sun was close to the horizon when I arrived at the water.  Lucky me!  Look how beautiful this scene is right at the bottom of our street.  The beautiful warm light from the setting sun, down low, leaving long shadows.  How lucky we are to live this close to such a beautiful place!

Today's walk, and view, was entirely different!  I took my walk earlier in the day because rain was forecast for the late afternoon.  It has been overcast all day as well.  So when I got to this spot, I thought of how beautiful the light made everything yesterday, and thought I would take the exact same photograph again, in this soft gray light.  I suppose there is beauty in this light, but I prefer the more dramatically beautiful image of the day before.  Please click on each of these photographs to see them in more detail.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lighting and photo. Yes, we are so lucky to live close to Long Island Sound.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Your blog post title is perfect. What a difference between the sunny golden hues of the top photo which makes me feel happy and hopeful. The bottom photo makes me feel a little sad - reminds me how much I miss the beach. I actually looked back at this same photo done in the fall. I love looking at any beach scenes regardless of color choices. betsey

ken schwarz said...

Any scene by the water is appealing to me and surely the first photo is the clear winner with its brilliant color and contrast. What amazed me was how you were able to position the camera in "exactly" the same place in order to compare the weather difference from one day to the next. After switching back and forth several times from one picture to the other, I noticed that side-to-side alignment appears to be absolutely perfect. But... for the second photo, the camera was angled down ever so slightly (maybe less than one degree). I laughed at myself for putting so much energy into trying to find a difference of how each photo was composed.

Ken Spencer said...

Primo: I am so glad I could provide you with a puzzle for today!