On our walk tonight we saw two young boys who I think were learning to fish. I think they were with their fathers, but I am not sure. There were two adults and two children, and the children were casting their lures out into the harbor and their skill was impressive. Every once in a while one of the adults would come over and offer a suggestion to the kids, but mainly they were on their own. It was so wonderful seeing the fathers and sons interact as the young boys were learning about fishing.
The other dad was just outside the frame of this photo and I reluctantly cropped him out because he was at some distance from the others.
I liked the first photograph because it gives a sense of place and a sense of what was going on. In photography, when working on a "photo story" that first photograph in the layout is usually an "establishing shot" which gives the reader this information. Then you move in and do a more detailed photograph, as here, where the dad is showing the son something specific about, in this case, how to control the direction of the cast. It was really nice seeing these fathers and sons together.



2 comments:
Wonderful to spend time together fishing at the harbor. Looks like a relaxing evening. Joan
It’s really nice to see more than one photo to get a sense of “story”. Great for the kids to learn how to fish!
Post a Comment