Wednesday, September 4, 2024

The Fishermen Return Home


FINALLY a real photograph!  Well at least I turned around!  I was driving through Cold Spring Harbor and saw the color of the sky reflected in the waters of the harbor.  I also saw some boats silhouetted against the light as I drove past.  So I did turn around!  When I found this spot for my composition I liked the moored fishing boat on the left, and then suddenly I saw three men standing on the dock in the right center of the image.  They I realized they were fishermen unloading their boat.  When I saw the "V" shaped wake to the left of another boat coming in to dock and THEN another boat and wake to the right, I started shooting more quidkly.  So I stood and watched and clicked the shutter even after this photograph, because you never know what might happen next, but this photograph was the "keeper!"  I did post a larger than normal image so if you click on it, you can see a much larger version!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the closing of a day for the fishermen. Love the beautiful sunset and calm waters! Trace

Anonymous said...

I am surprised to see the wake from the two boats so close to the dock and shore, but it makes for a lovely photo with the beautiful sunset.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The word "sepia" immediately came to mind when I clicked on today's captivating waterfront scene. For me, the photo conveys both stillness and motion with an interesting antique photographic quality. Nicely done! Primo

Anonymous said...

So much going on in this photo. I love the color then the motion of the wakes from the two boats. Betsey