This is the "service entrance" for the electricity in our house. The two black wires coming in from the top left are 120 volts AC each. They are wrapped around a bare braided ground wire, so in the house, depending on how you set up the circuit breaker panel, you can get either 120 volts AC, or you can get 240 volts AC. So you are looking at the newly painted siding on the house as well as the pipe that carries the wires into the house. So I had to put my aluminum extension ladder in and around these wires in order to paint the house. Which wires should I not touch? At the bottom is the incoming fiber optic feed from Verizon FIOS for our internet, phone and cable TV. OK so the answer is I touched them all because they are all insulated, so no risk to me. But I sure was mindful of the voltage present. Mainly I took this photo because it looked like some kind of artistic composition and I was fascinated by both the shapes of the wires, and the shadows of the wires..
Wednesday, September 30, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment