Monday, October 12, 2009

What A Mess!


Well this is what I have been up to when I am not shooting photographs for the blog. Three years ago I started tearing off the roof of our house - two layers of asphalt shingles. Twenty five years ago I put a new roof on top of the existing roof. This time I stripped it all, and replaced some rotted roof boards here and there, and put down a brand new roof. But I needed a place to "store" all the rubbish from the stripped roof,so I tossed it off the roof into this small side yard. So now that the new roof is on, I ordered a five-cubic-yard "dumpster" container, and then needed to put all of this, into that. Whew! It was a seriously tedious project. Then when I finished doing that, I used a small motorized cultivator to chew up this whole side yard, and then fertilize and seed the whole thing. Whew! It looks nice, though, doesn't it? Click on this please, and you can see more detail in a larger image.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the footprints in the dirt.

Unknown said...

Wow, nice catch! I should have investigated that more... Thanks!