Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bored On A Bridge


OK, right off I have to say that I was NOT driving when I shot this, OK? I was stuck in traffic on the Tappan Zee Bridge on the way home from the astronomy conference. There were at least two cars that had crashed, and maybe a third. So traffic was backed up for several miles, and since a lane was shut down on the bridge, it was stop and go all the way over the bridge. I was bored, so started looking at the bridge structure, which you really can't do when driving at the speed limit. I liked that I had plenty of time to study the construction of the bridge this time. I thought this made an interesting design with the pattern of the trusses crossing back and forth in the picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you started with - you were not driving! Great photo looking at the blue sky & white clouds through all the bridge work. You made lemonade out of lemons!
Joan