Saturday, September 24, 2011

One Sunset, Many Pictures - I


I was at Astronomy Day today out in Southold at Custer Institute. When it was time for the dinner break, I rode to the restaurant near the water with my friend Glenn, a young photographer who is doing some amazing work. He has the fire inside for photography. As we neared the restaurant I have to confess, it was Glenn who first spotted the bright orange sun just about to set over the water. We drove the short distance to the beach, and both jumped out of the car like madmen, and started blasting away with our cameras. It was the most spectacular sunset that I have seen in YEARS! Unfortunately, the color of this picture does not do justice to the scene itself. I took a LOT of photographs, and I have decided to show you a number of them, a day at a time, so you can see what I choose to shoot, and I will explain why.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! After viewing, I came away with such a sense of peace.
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

absolutely spectacular !!!
i'm sure the others are as well.. sunsets like this are such a blessing and a joy to try and capture, it's always difficult to pick just one shot.
thank you!!

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you for your comments. It is SO difficult to pick one shot that I will be showing everyone a number of different shots I did in about 15 minutes.

Anonymous said...

I saved this as my newest screensaver - love it! Peaceful.bsk