Monday, February 13, 2012

A Brand New Way of Seeing


As you know by now, when I decide not to ride my bike, I have begun to do a three and a half mile walk down to the power plant and back. I leave late in the afternoon, generally, and it takes me about an hour for the trip. What this does is keep me out until long after sunset. What is nice about that is that I am finding all kinds of new ways of seeing familiar scenes. So when I was walking back home yesterday, for some reason I saw this scene, and it blew me away. I have never shot the curve of these trees from the sidewalk before - I have always shot from the road. I just love this composition, with the curving sidewalk and curving road alongside each other. I photographed this when the traffic signals were green, then yellow, then red. The red was far more dramatic than the other colors.

No comments: