Monday, March 31, 2014

The Project


So I have this really cool project I am working on for a local library.  It involves doing studio portraits of people from the town, each one of them holding one of the items from the library's collection.  Then they will write about the object and what it means to them.  The photographic prints will be 30" x 40" inches in size, and will hang in the library in an exhibit in September.  Why am I  photographed like this?  I did some lighting tests and when I was sure of the lighting, I stepped in and had my picture taken, the way the subjects will be photographed.  Of course I won't be in the exhibit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a win-win all around. You do a really nice thing for the library plus you get to meet some people showing interesting items from the library. I hope we get to see some photos...bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Yeah, it is a really cool assignment. I photographed more people today, and had some really nice conversations with some of the subjects! How much fun it this! The exhibit will not be until September, but I will post some portraits then.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an exciting new venture for you. Look forward to some of the photos and items from the library.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Ken, Nice picture of you. Very nice lighting. Can't wait to see the show.
Stan