Friday, March 6, 2015

Flying Up


Another cold day, and more crystal patterns on the window.  But these have a completely different feeling to them.  I thought they looked like something flying, headed upward. And then I remembered...  Have you seen the movie "Still Alice?"  There is an amazing piece of poetry from the dialogue, that turns out to be from Tony Kushner.  This is only part of it: "Night flight to San Francisco; chase the moon across America...  But I saw something that only I could see because of my astonishing ability to see such things: Souls were rising, from the earth far below, souls of the dead, of people who had perished, from famine, from war, from the plague, and they floated up, like skydivers in reverse, limbs all akimbo, wheeling and spinning..."

3 comments:

Dean said...

Hi Ken-
Nice shot, and almost close enough! To me they look like cottonwood seeds floating on the breeze. Will it happen for real soon enough for you warmth-starved easterners?
-Dean

Ken Spencer said...

Dean: I LOVE this - whenever I do a close-up shot I find that I am not close enough... YET! :-) Thanks for keeping the pressure on... :-) Temps are forecast to be in the low 40's tomorrow - FINALLY!

Anonymous said...

The detail is incredible! Glad you posted. bsk