Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Mystery Sculpture


I have this photograph I took while visiting the Arsenal, at Central Park.  I looked around for a plaque describing these figures.  The only clue is that the word "excelsior" is on a banner at the bottom of the piece that the eagle is standing on.  Excelsior is the motto of the State of New York.  My question is, who is the woman on the left side.  The woman on the right, of course, is "Justice."  It is such an interesting sculpture, but no amount of googling will give me any information.

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

The figure on the left holding the staff is "Liberty"!

Ken Spencer said...

Primo: Oh man! You are the man! Thanks so much for that!

Photodude Images said...

The lady on the left just put her stake in the ground in the Oklahoma Land Rush.