Saturday, February 22, 2020

Snow Shovel on the Back Porch?


Why is there a snow shovel on your back porch?  It hasn't snowed for nearly two months.  Well, to tell the truth, it is my talisman.  Or my good luck charm.  If you look up the meaning of "talisman" you will find that they are typically an inscribed ring or stone.  That doesn't describe a snow shovel, does it?  OK, so the shovel is my good luck charm.  I got this shovel out two months ago when we had a couple of inches of snow.  I left it here in case we have some more.  But we haven't.  So I am afraid to take it away because then we could have a blizzard!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Good story. I feel the same way. I keep a snow brush in my car all winter. I thought of putting it back in the basement but I'm afraid I'll jinx myself and we'll get snow!! Your blue and red shovel really "pops" against the white house. betsey

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way too! :) Our snow shovel is in the breezeway and won't be put away until we're feeling confident that there won't be any snow.

Ken Spencer said...

This is funny that none of us want to jinx our weather! "Jinx" was one of the words I couldn't think of when I was writing the blog! Thanks for reminding me.

nani said...

Quickly clean snow, frost, and ice off your car with the Snow Escape Winter Multi-Tool. The multi-tool attachments include dual-sided pivoting snow broom/squeegee head, ice scraper, snow shovel, telescoping pole, and removable handle.