Sunday, March 5, 2023

An Inhospitable Landscape


I was grinding my way up our hill on my bike, almost home, and as I passed a neighbor's house I happened to glance down and see these Snow drops (thank you, Ginger!) coming out between the rocks next to her driveway.   It just seemed like an impossible place for them to grow, completely surrounded by these rocks of all sizes.  In fact, the small area of soil is probably perfect for them, but they just look as if they are such a predicament, living where they are planted.  So I had to keep moving up the hill, but then I grabbed my Sony a7 III and the 50mm Macro lens, which allows me to get really close, and I made the shot!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nature is incredible. Those snowdrops are looking for the sun and they found it though the rocks! betsey

Anonymous said...

A surprise to see flowers from below the rocks. The pretty flowers, a sign that spring in near. Trace