Thursday, March 23, 2023

Someday...


I was back at the airport today.  I was supposed to fly yesterday for the first time, finally, but then the flight instructor cancelled because he had a chance to fly a Citation jet to South Carolina.  That was upsetting but I get it.  He is trying to build time to qualify for the airlines, and time in a jet as co-pilot is really good time in his logbook.  So they rescheduled me for today to fly.  Only one thing, it turned out that rain was forecast for today!  So I drove out and we spent a couple of hours in the simulator, training, which is not a bad thing.  There are things you can practice in the simulator that you wouldn't do in an airplane.  So I got there early, as always, and while I was waiting, I saw the plot of this airplane start his engine and then taxi away.  Someday I will do that too!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m sorry that you didn’t get to fly. Simulator flying is great but not the same. Looking forward to your real flying experience. Betsey

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you will fly for real soon. I remember you flying to pick up Mom in Stratford and flying her back to Long Island to stay with you for a week. She had to climb on the wing of the plane to get into it. Look forward to the future.
Joan