I love changing trains in Jamaica. There are eight tracks and you get off your train, and then wait for the next train to take you to either Penn Station, or Grand Central Madison. So I am always kind of idly looking at the passengers on the other platforms. When I saw this woman I stopped in my tracks. I think it was the light illuminating her that caught my attention first. There was a band of bright sunlight illuminating the platform just in front of her, and then reflecting up to illuminate her. And then I noticed the quiet way she was standing there, moving very little. So I took my camera out of my backpack and held it down at my side and pointed it at her blindly, and wonder of wonders, she was in the frame. I love that is such a quiet photograph, and beautiful as well.
Friday, July 24, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
A very interesting photo of this woman standing alone by the train. The lighting and pose make the shot for sure. The woman looks like a department store mannequin.
Yes, Quiet and beautiful. Love the lighting on her face. Love Ken's comment that she looks like a mannequin.
Post a Comment