Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Chasing Tadpoles


When I was down by the water, I noticed these white markings on the metal bulkhead by the edge of the water.  I am assuming that these are Seagull droppings.  It looked to me as if something was swimming upstream chasing tadpoles.  I thought it was worth a shot.  But get this, I just went to check on the correct term for Seagull excrement, and came across this information:  "Do Seagulls Carry Disease? In a word, yes. In a recent study, seagulls were found to be responsible for E-coli contamination as well as carriers of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. It is best not to handle the birds or come in direct contact with them, for health reasons."  Yikes!  Aren't you glad that you read this blog?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes is right. Whoa! scary stuff indeed. I do like the title of this photo - very clever. betsey

Anonymous said...

very interesting photo looks like just what you describe what is the green in upper right? inverted photo?

Ken Spencer said...

That is grass growing on the top of the bulkheading. There is a lawn up above the beach and water.

Anonymous said...

hahaha awesome!