I went over to the Nassau County Museum of Art to see their current exhibit. On the way back home I walked down the path to the parking lot and saw this old tree with the twisted branches, lit by the late afternoon sun. There was something about the shapes of the branches that first stopped me, in addition to the wonderful light. I thought that it looks like a photo, so I stopped and shot this. I think I was right...
Friday, July 3, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You are right! :-) The light filtering through the leaves and so many shades of green to enjoy. Very odd shaped and twisted branches do catch your eye.
At first, I thought of your Japanese Maple but this tree has twisted angular shaped branches. Really catches the eye. This photo makes you appreciate your beautiful tree!
Your comment about light got me thinking that perhaps the twisted growth pattern of this tree was caused by its branches reaching both upwards and outwards in search for better light.
Happy 4th of July Birthday, by the way!
Post a Comment