Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Importance of the Cellphone


I was sitting on one of the benches on the 4th Street Promenade while the ladies were all shopping.  A young woman stopped and was standing right in front of me, and appeared to be waiting for someone.  She was just looking up and down the Promenade.  After a while she got out her cellphone and was apparently texting.  I wanted to do a photo because it looked like a good shot, but she was too close to me, and would have seen me.  So I waited, and then she went over to the wall of the building and continued to text, and I thought that it looked like a good shot.  I was far enough away to finally take the picture.  I really love that her face was illuminated by her cellphone. After about ten minutes, she finally walked away.  Don't know if she ever found the person she was looking for. 

No comments: