Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I Have Sad News


I have such sad news.  Another kitten has disappeared.  The mother cat and her three kittens had established a routine around here after she showed up with her three kittens.  Because of their routine, we thought we had a good chance to trap them.  After about a week she and the kittens disappeared again. We saw her in a neighbor's yard, and then not at all.  Yesterday she returned, and took up residence under our front porch, which is a good place.  But we came to realize that one of the three kittens is missing!  We have watched and watched, and the third one is gone.  We have no idea what happened to the other kitten, but we are sick about the loss.  We don't know if it was a predator, or if perhaps she climbed up into the engine of some neighbor's car.  I don't think we will ever know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or maybe someone 'adopted' her.

But I really wanted to make a comment about the addition to your house. I'm thinking maybe it's more significant than just an extra bathroom. Over many months, if not years, you've been taking photos of a building coming down, and I know you were sorry to see it finally disappear completely. Maybe it's no coincidence that you now have a project where you're raising up a building, or at least a portion of one. How's that for a deep thought? That will be 5 cents.
Polly

Ken Spencer said...

I commend you on your analysis, and I sure can't argue with your price! That's about the Lucy price from "Peanuts," isn't it? :-)