Friday, June 5, 2015

Liz is Home!


There are all kinds of interesting things going on in this photograph.  Liz and Sarah are visiting for the week from Los Angeles.  When she was rummaging around in her bedroom, Liz found the beret.  When she was touring with the band back in 2005, we all went to Nice and Barcelona.  I spotted a beret shop in Barcelona, and we went in and both bought one.  So I went and found my beret, and here we are!  Oh, and you have to love the purple hoodie "Fear the Frog."  Pretty cool, huh?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo! Is there a meaning behind "Fear the Frog"? Purple looks good with your beret, but I thought you oily wore white.
Joan

Anonymous said...

You both look adorable! Love the berets. Yes, I would love to know what "Fear the Frog" means...bsk

Ken Spencer said...

The short version of the story is that I saw a bright purple baseball hat on display in the airport in Dallas. It had the letters TCU on the front. I went looking for the hat online. Turns out that "TCU" stands for Texas Christian University, and their mascot is "The Horned Frog." So when I saw the hoodie that said "Fear the Frog" I knew that I had to have it! What's cooler than that!

Dean said...

Ken-
Your story reminds me of when I used to drive to the Midwest every Summer and always passed through Hooker, OK and one time I was ready for a break and stopped at a roadside shop selling paraphernalia for the local baseball team - the Hooker Horny Toads! I think I got at least a cap and t-shirt to wear! -Dean

Ken Spencer said...

Dean:
Clearly you an I think alike, about a whole lot of things! :-)