Monday, April 23, 2018

The Ovid Farmhouse


I have been photographing this abandoned farmhouse for years and years.  I stopped again today on the way home from Rochester.  I stopped because the house is looking worse every time I pass it.  A year or so ago the roof of the rear extension of the house had caved in.  This time I noticed that the roof of the main house has caved in as well.  I keep expecting to see the entire house collapsed one of these days, but this old building soldiers on.


This is a different view of the house from what I have shot before.  My eye caught sight of the open window as seen through the front door.  If you want to have some fun, go to the search box in the upper left hand corner of the web page, and put in "Ovid" and then click on the magnifying glass, and it will retrieve other posts, going back to 2007.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip to search for your older posts. Sad that it was never preserved.. Wonder stories of former owners.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Joan: I think of that every time I see this house. Who where the people who lived here? When was the house built? What happened that this ended up abandoned, and left to decay.

Anonymous said...

I did go back to view your photos dating back to 2007. It is unbelievable that this house is still standing as it's been empty for so long. I do like the second photo showing a view through the inside showing the window - different. I guess you would have to look up real estate records to find dates and names to find out more about the history. betsey