Monday, November 28, 2022

The Color of Light


I love the Japanese maple trees around here.  We of course have our now famous tree that I have photographed so many times, and then there is a huge tree behind our garage.  I have been photographing both of them because this is their time to shine in the late fall.  Today I was doing close-up photographs of the leaves on our tree.  The sun was out and the colors were absolutely brilliant.


Suddenly, the sun went behind the clouds and it got darker, and there was a dramatic change in the color of the leaves I was photographing!  I don't think I have ever had this happen before - such a dramatic change in color of a subject that I was photographing, when the light changed.  These are the exact same leaves and they are just as beautiful, but a different color.  When the sunlight is blocked, then the subject is lit by skylight, which, like the sky is so much more blue in color.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe the differences between the two photos. I like the autumn colors in the first one but the second photo of blues and violets is gorgeous! (These would make beautiful note cards) betsey