Monday, May 8, 2023

A Flower Mystery


Ok, true confession here - EVERY flower is a mystery to me!  I was at the end of my bike ride, and heading up Laurel Avenue to home when I rode by these flowers on the side of the road.  Everything was completely green except for these blossoms and I really liked that.  I never have a camera with me on my rides, so I did this photograph with my iPhone.  I think maybe it looked better in person than it does in the photograph.  The problem is the high contrast from the bright sun.


Of course I have no idea what flowers these are, so I cropped into the large image so I can show you a close up of the blossoms.  And if you click on this image you will see even a closer view.  I would love to know what flower this is.  They are growing wild, but maybe they fame from someone's garden.



 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what the flowers are but I love the color and the delicate look of them. Betsey

Anonymous said...

I think they may be Bluebells but I know there are many varieties. These also have a purplish color. I planted bluebells this year but the Vinca ground cover type. No matter what flower they may be, they look beautiful. All flowers are lovely. :-)

Joan

ken schwarz said...

You may want to consider down-loading one or more Plant Identifier Apps on your iPhone to help with plant identification. The downside of doing this, however, would be eliminating the mystery for you and all of your blog fans!

Anonymous said...

A joyful photo with the beautiful flowers and plants in the bright sunshine. Trace