Sunday, November 12, 2023

Fall Color, Sort Of


Fall color was strange this year.  This was the first tree I saw in color, a few weeks ago as I was driving to the recycling center.  I think I needed to see this tree a week earlier so that there were more leaves on it.  But at the same time, all the other trees on the street were still green.  It seemed that way as I drove around Long Island.  Small spots of color, but never everything all at once, which would make for a nice photograph.  Maybe in places on Long Island that I never saw.  Wish I had a better Fall color photo for you this year!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you captured this colorful tree. Maybe next year we will have more color.
Joan

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful blend of colors! When a lot of trees were in bloom we ended up getting many rainy days which knocked off a lot of leaves. Betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks for this information. I hadn't thought about the rain causing the leaves to fall. That's the joy of having sisters who are gardeners!