Friday, May 17, 2024

A Car in the Rain


I photographed this scene the other day when it was raining harder.  I put on my rain gear and decided to go for a walk.  You can see the water in the foreground rushing down Laurel Avenue.  I am not sure why the car is stopped at the top of the hill with the door open, but it makes the picture.  I love this cobblestone street.  This street, picturesque as it is, has a hidden hazard, though.  This street is much steeper than it appears.  I think there is a sign up where the car is, that says "No trucks down this hill." Probably once every three months I will come by this street to find that a truck is hung up.  The bottom of the truck hits the street when the truck gets to the bottom, and the front bumper hits Laurel Avenue and the back wheels are hanging in mid air!  It takes a tow truck to extricate the truck from that predicament.  Pretty, but deadly.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this photo a lot. This is such a pretty street with the brick and then the rushing water, the steps going up the bank and all the greenery. Even the white house in the back is a nice touch. I really like the photo. I keep wishing the car wasn't there, though, because everything else feels more earthy and peaceful. Interesting story about how steep it is. Trace

Anonymous said...

Yikes! This looks scary. Perhaps the car on the hill wasn’t sure about proceeding down the hill. Love the brick street! Betsey