Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Turn Around! Go Back!


I was on my way to my astronomy meeting and as I went by the harbor in Cold Spring Harbor, I saw these magnificent two cumulus clouds.  I thought "I should stop, those clouds are spectacular," but there was a car right behind me and no place to pull over on the narrow two lane road.  Then after driving another tenth of a mile, I KNEW I had to do back, so I pulled into a side street and turned around.  by the time I got back, the clouds had changed some, but I found myself looking at this fishing boat tied up to this dock and now I had a much better photograph, in addition to the clouds.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is so much to look at in this photo. For me, it’s the light shining on the water and then the 2 magnificent clouds hovering above. Betsey

Anonymous said...

Great photo I love the lighting breaking through the clouds and the fishing boat. When I first read the title, I thought you were telling the fishermen to go back as a storm was brewing. LOL
Joan

Richard Loretoni said...

Now that's a PHOTOGRAPH!
Capturing a fleeting moment.....Teriffic

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all! And thanks, Rich. I am embarrassed that I passed this by at first but then my brain kicked in and MADE me go back... :-)