Thursday, October 10, 2024

My First Uber!


Today I took my first Uber!  It was really cool and easy and great rides in both directions, and great conversations with both drivers!  When we came to California we always rented a car, and it turned out that some days we never drove it.  So the girls suggested that they pick us up at the airport and then if I wanted to go somewhere, then I could get an Uber.  So I did that today for the first time and took an Uber to the Getty Center.  It was a great ride.  My driver was a woman who grew up in Mexico and we talked about our families and children and our beginnings.  It was such a nice ride. And my ride home was with a man who works for a company that makes and sells solid electric guitars and he talked about growing up in Russia and wanting to come to America and be in a rock band.  Two amazing conversations while riding in my first Uber!  What a day!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful experience using Uber. You will always find something go talk about with others. I have not used Uber yet but the younger generation does so often.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

I am sorry our California family trips did not overlap. As you were traveling West on Tuesday, we were traveling East back home! As for car rentals and Uber, we gave up renting cars in California a long time ago for exactly the same reason - our rental cars stayed parked most of the time. We have had very good luck with Uber for convenience, reasonable cost and hassle free transportation. And yes, we have enjoyed talking with our Uber drivers.

Anonymous said...

I have never tried an Uber so am glad that you had 2 positive experiences with them. Betsey