Monday, June 22, 2026

Upstate!


Oh No!  He is shooting photos while he is driving again!  No I am not!  Notice the white line on the right hand side of the photograph?  That shows that I actually pulled off the road and parked and got out of my car and took this photograph carefully and safely!  We drove to Rochester today to see Vince and Jo Anne. It was raining off and on the whole trip but traffic was light and the trip was easy, AND there were photographs everywhere because of the atmospheric effects of the rain and the clouds.  So this is almost an ordinary photograph but subtle and lovely.  I love the three "bumps" of the hills off to the left of the photo.  That was what caught my eye.  And of course, the beautiful, subtle gray clouds!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this photo. This photo says peace and solitude to me. I love the gray color of the sky and then the long stretch of green fields and hills with the barn at the end. It all blends so nicely. I also like how there is a quiet and stillness to the scene that seems poetic to me. Trace

Joan Edwards said...

Trace's comments say it all. Beautiful and serene. Enjoy your visit with Vince and JoAnne

Betsey said...

Glad you got out of the car to take this photo. Gives the feeling of another time A two lane road surrounded by long green stretches, rolling hills, the barn up ahead. Lovely.

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your observations of what you feel when you look at this photograph. I really enjoyed hearing what you feel and what it means to you. I did feel something special about this scene but what is funny is that I am incapable of putting my feelings into words. I just take the photograph instead!