Friday, August 14, 2026

It Took Me Long Enough!


Today I went to Mass MoCA in North Adama, Mass, which is such an amazing and wonderful art mustum.  In on of the giant galleries, there was an exhibit  that took up maybe 1/2 of the room.  Then there was a background and you had to walk around the edge and through this dark cloth tunnel to get to the second part of the exhibit.  The first time I went to walk through, there was a couple exiting the tunnel in the distance.  I grabbed my camera but I was too late, they walked out of the dark and turned right and disappeared from sight!  So I waited for another couple and no one came.  So I continued touring the whole exhibit, but I still wanted my photo.  I saw a couple who had walked through it and thought of asking them if they could go back and I would do my shot, but I was too shy or didn't want to bother them.  Later on another couple were in the last part of the exhibition and I knew they would HAVE to come back through, so I waited and they didn't come.  Then I decided to go back through and see if they were coming, and they were.  They did enter the tunnel together but one was in front of the other so it wasn't a nice silhouette!  So I screwed up my courage, and said "Can I ask a favor?" and they agreed and then walked down the tunnel, holding hands, in perfect silhouette!  I thanked them profusely, and I finally had my shot!  Not even sure why I like this so much but it has to do with the triangular opening.

 

4 comments:

Joan Edwards said...

I am glad you asked them for a do over as this is a great shot! Love the silhouette.

Anonymous said...

On the grand scheme of things, I believe people like to help people as it makes them feel good. Your interaction with this young couple resulted in a very nice photo and memory of your visit to MoCA on this particular day.

ken schwarz said...

On the grand scheme of things, I believe people like to help people as it makes them feel good. Your interaction with this young couple resulted in a very nice photo and memory of your visit to MoCA on this particular day.

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks for your nice comments. I can't believe how reluctant I was to go talk to the first couple and have them come back to the tunnel. But the second couple was great and really seemed, as you all suggested , more than happy to help me get the photograph that I first saw, and then missed