Saturday, August 29, 2026

The Bright Star in the West after Sunset


Take a look outside just after sunset and you will see a bright "star" shining brilliantly, even when the sky is still light.  That "star" is not a star at all, but the planet Venus!  It is beautiful to see something this bright shining in a fairly bright sky.  I started photographing this scene when it was still light out but decided this photograph, taken long after sunset was more interesting and that Venus stood out better than in the bright sky.  It will be fun for you to keep an eye on it and see how its position changes each day at the same time.


So after posting the first photograph and writing about it and how pretty it was I realized that I should have posted this photograph, because it is brighter and has more color.  This photograph was taken before the first one, and I like it better.  Duh!



 



No comments: