Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ian & I Go Flying


I decided to get a little flight instruction while up here. I haven't flown in six months, and need to get my biennial flight review when I get home. Decided to get the rust out while upstate. Went to Rochester Air Center at Monroe County Airport and met Ian, who is a US Army Helicopter Pilot (CH-47's!) and moonlights as a flight instructor in his spare time. We had a great flight, I wasn't that rusty, and I did some aerial photographs and some sightseeing as well. Upstate NY is beautiful to fly over, especially late in the day, with farmland and small towns stretching off into the distance as far as the eye can see.

2 comments:

Ian J said...

Ken,

Had a great time - thanks for the flight!

By the way, you left something at the Air Center and I can't see to find your number to let you know. Give me a call if you get this.

Ian

Kristen said...

Heard you got some great sunset shots - I hope you post them!

Kristen