Sunday, July 22, 2012

Under the Stars

The weather forecast was not for perfectly clear skies, but I decided to take the chance and drive to Southold to do some observing. My friend Stan, who I went to Chaco with, was anxious to do some observing with a telescope, because at Chaco, we only had binoculars. He lives in Manhattan, so there is no chance he would ever see the Milky Way. We had a really good night looking at star clusters, galaxies and nebulae. We were set up in a field, and several times during the evening, people would come by, and I would ask them if they wanted me to show them some of the wonders. Everyone was so appreciative and so thankful. For me, that is the richest part of astronomy for me - sharing it with others.

2 comments:

Photodude Images said...

Billions and billions....

Ken Spencer said...

Billions and billions indeed. It is always nice to have a scientist reading my posts... :-)