Monday, July 16, 2012

Squall Line

I checked the radar for thunderstorm activity yesterday, before going out for my bike ride. I stopped on the bench at the water, thinking that I had some time to rest. Then I looked to the north and saw this - a squall line! I thought it was fairly far away, but then heard thunder, and realized that the shore across the sound was obscured by rain. Yikes! It is getting closer. So I jumped up, got on the bike and hammered my way up the hill to home. I beat the storm by about five minutes. Lucky me. I love how beautiful the deep grays of the sky are in this photograph. Please click on it to see it in more detail - it is really a gorgeous sky.

4 comments:

Photodude Images said...

I guess your camera isn't a waterproof model.

Anonymous said...

Wow, five years of photos but I have to say this is one of my favorites - love the green - grey contrast. You really bring out the best in Sea Cliff.

Ken Spencer said...

Photodude: I am the one that is not waterproof!
And thanks to Anonymous for the wonderful comments on the photograph. There was a part of me that wondered if this shot was good enough, when I was taking it, so I really appreciate your affirmation.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors and the scary looking sky...bsk