Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Getting There...


I have been painting the garage for a while now.  I painted the white trim, and the windows with white primer, then I painted the whole side of the garage with gray primer.  Now I have started all over again, with a finish coat of white for the trim, and then the glossy gray finish for the shingles.  I still have a ways to go - painting those "muntins" in the diamond windows takes forever.  I had never heard the term "muntin" before.  I thought they were called "mullions."  Turns out that mullions are only the vertical dividing elements in a window.  Don't you love how much you can learn here? Don't the shingles look beautiful now that they are painted?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I do learn so much on your blog and I admire your hard work.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

I am very impressed with your garage painting project. Scraping, priming and finishing with a nice thick coat of gloss paint should extend the life of the building by another twenty years!

ken schwarz said...

It occurred to me that twenty years from now you might be moving a little bit slower, so I will offer my assistance to help you with your next garage painting project. Typically, New York in June has great weather. I will make a note on my calendar to keep the month of June 2038 clear should you need me. No charge for my labor - but "three hots and a cot" would be appreciated!

Anonymous said...

SO Much Work!! Wow! Impressive! It looks great. Never even heard of a "muntin". Amazing what I learn on your blog...betsey