Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Pond Scum


I noticed that there was a green covering on Scudder's pond as I drove to the store today.  So on the way back from the store I stopped to see if I could find a photograph.  What was interesting was that because the sky was clear, the blue of the sky was reflected in the open water which added  the beautiful blue color to the photograph.  The other interesting thing is that it is impossible to figure out the scale in this photograph.  It looks just like some aerial photographs that I have done over the Great South Bay on the south shore.  This could also look like a satellite photograph from space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool photo with open interpretation

Anonymous said...

Before reading your blog, I thought it was an aerial photograph. Surprise! Never thought and scum could look beautiful...betsey